Thursday 12 January 2012

What is the best fertilizer for my clematis?

Can you give me a name for a very good fertilizer that helps my clematis grow very fast?where can I get it?How long does it take to bloom?It is about 1 meter tall.I just bought it last week.Is it going to spread this year?how can i take care of it?

What is the best fertilizer for my clematis?
Clematis can be fussy. You need to get it into the ground. Dig a hole bigger than the pot with a mound at the bottom. Plant the clematis with the roots spread out and the crown just about the soil level.



Clematis like to be mulched and like compost, but DO NOT fertilize. You will get soft green shoots that are susceptible to "clematis wilt", which can kill your plant almost overnight.



The rule for clematis is to keep the roots cool and moist and the stems sunny and dry. A clematis is really along term gardening project. They may bloom the first year, but if they are well established they will flower better each year. They do not spread like mint, but if you are lucky, you may get a "baby" after a few years.
Reply:Hello Moonflower how are you today? My mother and grandmother have Clematis and the fertilizer you can on it is meraclgrow poting soil and fertilizer it takes about one to two years to get big. Now if you were going to move in the future I would leave it and get another one. each time you move you helping the next owner to like what you have done with the Clematis. Yeah you can put it into a pot when you move but it make hurt the plant. would you E-mail me when you get the clematis in the or in a pot. www.jpenton17@yahoo.com James P. Happy planting


No comments:

Post a Comment