Thursday 12 January 2012

Clematis Jackmanii and Blaze of Glory climbing roses questions.?

When should I plant Clematis Jackmanni AND Blaze of Glory climbing roses?



I want to plant the clematis in a container. I live in Zone 4, so in the winter, should I cut it back to soil level? ALSO, How and where should I store it over the winter and when should i bring it outdoors?



I will plant my climbing roses in the ground. Should I cut to ground level my blaze of glory climbing rose in the winter?If so, when should I do this? Should I cover the few inches that is left with something?



Please list: How or if I should cut it back in winter and when? How should I store the clematis in the container?

Clematis Jackmanii and Blaze of Glory climbing roses questions.?
Clematis Jackmanii, like any other plant, will thrive if you are able to meet its growing requirements, and give it reasonable care.

Clematis require about 6 hours of full sun per day to grow best although some light shading during the hottest part of the day is beneficial.It is essential for the roots to remain cool and moist, so protect them with a heavy mulch, the shade of low growing plants, or even a large flat rock. A few of the very large flowered varieties should be planted in a more easternly exposure, to prevent excessive flower fading caused by to much sun. Soil should be well-draining and rich, with a pH close to neutral (7.0). Clematis likes peaty soil, but you must add enough lime to ensure the soil is not to acidic. Generous amounts of bone meal and compost should be added to the soil, but only cultivated in shallowly.

Clematis flowers form either on the current season's growth or on that of the previous year.Jackman clematis forms its buds on the new growth.This type of Clematis have a tendency to become bare at the bottom of the vine unless pruned annually in late winter or very early spring. Cut these plants back nearly to the ground, leaving at least one pair of healthy looking buds on the trunk. Most clematis will require staking so the twining leaf petioles can cling and climb upward, although it is not a problem if you choose to let the plants sprawl over the ground, fences, or whatever.





http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-8233...


No comments:

Post a Comment