Thursday 12 January 2012

Plz help, need ideas on a balcony garden?

I have two small balconies (9'x3 1/2') and would like to get some flowers out there but with just one chair on each deck there is little room. Some things I have thought about trying; clematis vine if it would flower this year on the floor and could climb the railing, those hanging bags with holes in them you see around with impatients and such. I can not hang a basket from the ceiling outside as out balconies are cement. Any ideas are really appreciated!

Plz help, need ideas on a balcony garden?
When I lived in a condo I had a beautiful garden. I used hanging window boxes. They sell them with a frame to slip over the edge. I loaded them up with wave petunias. You could see them from quite a distance (I was on 15th floor). I used very large pots to plant tomatoes. I then had every available container with various flowers. Clematis is fairly easy to grow. Keep in mind they like cool roots and must be pruned in the spring. Using plant food or compost will be important to replace the nutrients the plants use up. You can also plant rose bushes from what I am told.



Good luck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment